HISTORY OF INN
From when it served as a stop on the stage coach route – through the time it was used by the Underground Railroad to shelter fleeing slaves – until recently, when it housed inebriated celebrities, The Red Lion Inn has survived as a home to travelers and as a place of leisure to locals. In 1704, Thomas James met his bride to be, Patience Farrow, and they began building their dream home in a very small hamlet-style town known as Conahasset. It was that house, part of which still stands today, that is now The Red Lion Inn.
Now over 300 years later, The Red Lion Inn still exceeds the needs of its guests and provides shelter, food and drink for all.